Todd Allen and Tyler Horton have enjoyed hosting and developing friendships with their guests for over 15 years. Having restored and operated award-winning Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast in Springfield, Kentucky, they have expanded to include Bourbon Manor in their inn portfolio. Their passion for historic preservation, cooking, gardening, hospitality, spoiling and delighting their guests, and having great fun while multi-tasking has made them a success story among the B&B Industry.
Todd and Tyler’s love for Bourbon and promoting Bourbon Country created their desire to live and operate a second B&B in the Bourbon Capital of The World. Together, they share an exciting vision of transforming Bourbon Manor into a unique Bourbon destination…centrally located on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, its a Bourbon Lover’s Paradise, where Bourbon is celebrated and enjoyed every day of the year!
Todd’s great-great uncle, Colonel E. H. Taylor, started the Old Taylor brand of Bourbon in Frankfort, and his great grandfather worked at Wild Turkey in Lawrenceburg for nearly 40 years. Todd has helped promote the Bourbon Distilleries and other related attractions since 2001. His favorite beverage of choice continues, and always will be Kentucky Bourbon.
Todd has been a 16-year Board Member of the Bed & Breakfast Association of Kentucky, serving as 2x president for 4 of these years. In addition to his current Board position as Corresponding Secretary, he leads their marketing, green-lodging certification, and education & conference planning committees. He has served as Advisory Council Board Member of the Professional Association of Innkeepers International. He was most recently elected to the Bardstown Tourism Commission Board, where he serves as Chairman of the Board.
Tyler’s fondness of Bourbon stems from his award-winning recipes, many which include Bourbon as a major ingredient. He aspires to complete his cookbook project, which will include many of the Bourbon-related recipes from his experience as Chef at Maple Hill Manor over the last 18 years. He enjoys the locally-produced Bourbons and has learned which ones are suitable for those on a Gluten-Free Diet.
We invite you to be our guests. We would love to share our favorite Bourbon cocktails, Bourbon recipes, and interesting and educational Bourbon activities and events with you!
We hope to see you soon!
Todd & Tyler
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Over the years, we have been fortunate to receive the following awards and recognition…
- Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in America by iloveinns.com – 2019
- Top Places to Stay on the KY Bourbon Trail, Bourbon Review Magazine – 2018
- Best B&B Breakfast in KY – 2018
- Best Themed B&B in KY – 2018
- Innkeeping Excellence Award, Reservation Nexus – 2016
- TripAdvisor’s Award of Excellence – 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- B&B Marketer of the Year Award to Todd Allen – 2014 and 2018
- President’s Award, Bed & Breakfast Association of Kentucky – 2014 and 2018
- Guest Accommodations of the Year, Bed & Breakfast Assoc. of KY – 2015
- Best Breakfast Recipe in the World Contest Winner, bedandbreakfast.com – 2013
- Industry Champion Award to Todd Allen, Prof. Assoc. of Innkeepers International – 2013 and 2014
- Selected as One of the Best B&Bs in the Southeast – 2014
- BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection – 2014-2018
- Selected as One of the Best B&Bs in the Southeast by Nashvillian Magazine – 2014
- Green Lodging Certified, Bed & Breakfast Association of Kentucky – 2014-present
- Inn of the Month by Country Living Magazine
- New York Times named it “a Stylish Place to Stay while touring the Bourbon Trail”