Few things go together better than the cool weather of a Kentucky fall and the savory warmth of a Kentucky Bourbon. Which makes fall the perfect time to plan a full schedule of things to do in Bardstown KY, the center of the Kentucky Bourbon universe.
And there’s no better place to start checking off your list of things to do in Bardstown KY than at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. It’s centrally located to most Bardstown KY attractions, and its luxuriously appointed guest rooms and hearty and delicious breakfasts ensure that you begin the day ready to roll. Reserve your room at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Great Things to Do in Bardstown KY This Fall
There’s no shortage of fun things to do in Bardstown KY, and just beyond, all within a few miles of our front doors. Here are some of our favorites:
- Enjoy a Kentucky Bourbon tasting. Any list of things to do in Bardstown KY should include a trek along Bardstown’s Bourbon Trail. Here are some of the ones we like best in and around Bardstown, as well as some great local distilleries (and double-check to make sure they’re open).
- Should you want to enjoy Kentucky Bourbon without worrying about how much you’ve had, considered a guided tour through Bourbontown If you’d rather shop, look at horse farms, or sample food and drink in the big city (Louisville), tours can be customized to your preferences. And they’ll help you determine which places are open, and what service restrictions may be in place.
- Bardstown-area bourboning by bicycle might be a good way to work off your intake as you go. Pick a route here. Or here. Some routes are pure country; others include distillery stops.
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History. Given that so many Bardstown Bourbon distilleries work hard to honor the history of their craft, a visit here should fit well with your burgeoning interest. Exhibits include moonshine stills, posters, prescriptions of the medicinal use of alcohol, and even Abraham Lincoln’s liquor license.
- Take in dazzling fall color. At the top of your list should be the Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest in nearby Clermont. Whether you’re a member or a guest, treks around the trails on this 16,137-acre oasis of natural serenity can be made by appointment.
- Hiking opportunities in and around Bardstown KY are abundant, and here are some recommended trails.
- Get a living window into the cultural and military forces that shaped Kentucky Bourbon country along Bardstown’s Museum Row. Especially recommended is the Women’s Museum, focusing on the 1800s through the Civil War.
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park. As good a one-stop outdoors spot as you’ll find in Bardstown KY. Its 235 acres offer luxuriant grounds, historic structures, a number of food-and-drink tours, and a PGA Championship-quality golf course.
- Eat at a good Bardstown restaurant. Some great insider suggestions can be found here, here, and here.
- Bardstown has wineries as well as Bourbon distilleries. One that tells the story of the town’s evolution while honoring its history is Chuckleberry Farm, where a local couple converted a tobacco farm into acreage for berries and winemaking.
Stay at Our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast
There’s no better way to begin and end an awe-inspiring day of finding things to do in Bardstown KY than by staying at our Bourbon-themed Kentucky Bed and Breakfast. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out some recent reviews from our nearly 400 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor:
- “This was a lot more intimate and much better than any hotel stay. Looking forward to coming back in spring or fall months.”
- “Great place if you’re doing the Bourbon Trail visit close to a lot of distilleries.”
- “We had a fantastic experience with great breakfast food, an awesome room, great service, and an overall wonderful time.”
- “The owners and manager are all very nice! They took great care of us, giving suggestions for bourbon tastings and restaurants. … We will definitely be back!”
Start filling out your list of things to do in Bardstown KY right away and reserve your room today at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast!