Bardstown restaurants offer a wide variety of flavors and experiences. It really depends on what you’re craving. Plan a romantic date night, sipping elegant cocktails and sharing a plate of delectable small bites. Find a cozy hideaway in a historic building to share a bottle of excellent wine with your meal. Watch the beautiful Kentucky countryside go by on a dinner train excursion in a restored 1940’s dining car. Spice up your taste buds with flavorful international cuisine or enjoy a local beer with satisfying southern dishes. Bardstown restaurants have a wide choice of atmospheres and cuisines, where you can enjoy your favorites and also try something new and exciting.
At the heart of Bardstown the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast provides guests with a quiet retreat that’s walkable to all the charming downtown restaurants. Our classic 10 spirit-themed guest rooms are located in the two restored pre-civil war homes. The luxurious, antique-appointed suites have everything needed for a relaxing getaway. Wake each morning to a gourmet, bourbon-inspired breakfast and a view of the park-like grounds. Unwind even more at our on-site day spa with a soothing massage or facial. After an excellent dinner at one of the great Bardstown restaurants, stop by the Bourbon Manor’s bar and lounge for a cocktail just steps from your lovely guest room. Plan a romantic escape to Bardstown this new year at the gracious Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast.
5 Fantastic Ways to Enjoy Bardstown Restaurants
Bourbon plays a starring role in all the cuisine at Bardstown restaurants, as does classic southern food, tender BBQ, tasty pub fare and the unique flavors of international dishes. When visiting the historic downtown your taste buds will come alive while dining at the fantastic Bardstown restaurants. Find just what you’re looking for at these wonderful choices:
- New to the Scene – Everyone has their favorites that they love coming back to year after year, however it’s fun to explore some new places. The Bar at Willet is an elegant place to enjoy before or after dinner drinks on your romantic date night. Located at the historic Willett Distillery site, this classy lounge serves vintage whiskey, and classic cocktails with delectable small plates. More of an experience than a restaurant, The Blind Pig Bourbon Speakeasy, is an inviting Prohibition inspired hideaway with a back door entrance. This old-fashioned speakeasy requires a code before entry to the cozy lounge for the best cocktails you’ve ever tasted.
- Romantic Dining – Bardstown restaurants deliver when looking for a special place to dine with your loved one. Dine in a lovely historic building or on a sunny patio at Bullitt’s Winery & Bistro. While Bottle & Bond Kitchen and Bar has a more modern atmosphere where they serve contemporary southern food with innovative craft cocktails. Step into this classic home and enjoy the very best of homemade Southern cuisine at Kurtz Restaurant. Discover a hidden gem in the lower level of a historic building at The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge. Settle in for a scenic ride while savoring a gourmet meal in a beautifully restored 1940’s dining car on a My Old Kentucky Dinner Train excursion.
- Pubs – Sometimes a cozy pub, serving hearty food is the perfect night out. Bourbon Brick Oven Grill has a casual setting to enjoy good solid pub food. While Old Talbott Tavern serves pub food with a Southern flair in a historic building with tons of old-time character.
- International – Take a trip to another country for the evening and share wonderful international food at these Bardstown restaurants. If you’re craving satisfying Italian dishes visit Milantoni Italian Restaurant and Cafe Primo. Arrive hungry and ready to enjoy a fantastic meal at Cinco de Mayo Mexican Bar and Grill. While Umami Sushi serves wonderful sushi, teriyaki dishes (with a hint of bourbon) and an entertaining meal at their hibachi table too. The Bosnian owners of Kreso’s Restaurant provide a taste of excellent European dishes such as; cordon bleu, wiener schnitzel, goulash, and baklava for dessert.
- Casual – You can work up an appetite touring the many Bardstown bourbon distilleries and historic sites. Sometimes a casual diner or BBQ joint is just what you need during a busy day. The buffet at the Stephen Foster Restaurant offers a huge choice of high quality Southern comfort food. Answer your mouth-watering BBQ cravings at Alexander Bullitt’s Brewery & BBQ or Down Home Bar B Q. BJ’s Steakhouse and Mammy’s Kitchen & Bar both offer satisfying food and spacious patio dining during the warmer weather. Pat’s Place and Susie Q’s are cute restaurant popular with the locals for their great food and friendly service.
Plan a fun vacation to charming Bardstown in the new year. Tour the excellent bourbon distilleries and enjoy wonderful dining at the fantastic Bardstown restaurants. Stay at the center of historic Bardstown at the Bourbon Manor Bed and breakfast and treat yourself to the very best. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us today.