Strike out on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and visit historic and modern distilleries in charming Bardstown. Discover the perfect blend of a 200 year old tradition creating America’s signature spirit with small town charm. Bardstown has it all, nine fascinating distilleries to tour, amazing restaurants and a vibrant town center. Surrounded by the beautiful Kentucky countryside, Bardstown holds the title of Bourbon Capital of the World®. This premier Kentucky Bourbon Trail destination offers 9 award winning distilleries and a long bourbon history.
Enhance your bourbon-themed getaway by staying at the elegant Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. Our private, park-like setting only steps away from Bardstown’s city center, makes the perfect retreat. All our luxurious guest suites have private baths and fun bourbon cocktail names. Guests also enjoy our bourbon-inspired breakfasts, an on-site day spa and bourbon lounge. Everything needed for a bourbon-loving vacation on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Reserve your stay at the historic Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast in Bardstown, Kentucky.
9 Excellent Kentucky Bourbon Trail Distilleries
The Bardstown section of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail includes some of the oldest distilleries, surrounded by a serene countryside. Not to mention Bardstown’s charming downtown with historic pubs, great restaurants and unique shops. Come explore the best of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail at these distilleries near Bardstown:
- Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center – When Prohibition ended the original distillery opened in 1934. Now it has grown into one of the largest family-owned bourbon producers. Experience the ultimate educational bourbon tour that concludes with samples in their barrel-shaped tasting room.
- Lux Row Distillers – Go from one of Bardstowns oldest bourbon producers to one of Kentucky’s newest distilleries. They’re new to Bardstown but not new to the industry. Their dedication to the craft shows in their excellent and innovative spirits.
- Maker’s Mark – The gorgeous property is worth the trip alone but the in-depth tours also give visitors an insiders look at the bourbon making process. There are several specialty tours and even classes to improve your cocktail mixing skills.
- Jim Beam American Stillhouse – Find great interactive tours that will stimulate your senses at this world-class distillery. Learn about every step in the process of making their Knob Creek bourbon. Then relax with a cocktail and some BBQ at Fred’s Smokehouse.
- Four Roses Warehouse & Bottling Facility – Tour the distillery and bottling facility in this distinctive Spanish Mission-Style warehouse built in 1910. Then stay for a flight of their award-winning spirits in the tasting room.
- Willett Distillery – This independent family-owned and operated distillery is one of the smallest in the country. Established in 1936, they still create excellent hand-crafted, small batch bourbon to this day. Come and tour the grounds then stay for lunch and a cocktail.
- Preservation Distillery – Just 2 miles from the center of Bardstown find this distillery located in a historic tobacco barn on a small Kentucky farm. After admiring the roaming longhorn cattle on the property, sample their small batch and unique bourbons.
- Barton 1792 Distillery – Come visit the oldest fully-operating distillery in Bardstown on the lovely 196 acres location. Established in 1879 the distillery now has 29 barrel aging warehouses along with 22 other buildings to tour.
- Bardstown Bourbon Company – This very modern distillery combines bourbon tasting with gourmet comfort food. Set on 100 acres of active farmland, this state-of-the-art distillery also houses the wonderful Bottle & Bond Kitchen & Bar.
Explore Bardstown on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
After all the bourbon tours and tastings stay a while in charming Bardstown and explore all it has to offer. Stop by the Old Talbott Tavern for southern fare in a historic pub setting. Learn more about the local history of bourbon making at the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History. For the ultimate relaxing bourbon experience, book passage on My Old Kentucky Dinner Train. Enjoy a 2½ hour excursion through the countryside in a classic 1940’s dining car. A master distiller hosts a bourbon tasting to savor along with a gourmet four-course meal. The ultimate Kentucky Bourbon Trail vacation is waiting for you in Bardstown. Book your stay at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast for an adventure in Kentucky’s bourbon country.