Bardstown’s charming downtown is overflowing with great restaurants. After strolling the lovely tree-lined streets, stop in for a delicious lunch or dinner. There’s a wide selection of pubs, cafes, bistros, and elegant restaurants. Enjoy the best Southern comfort food, bourbon inspired BBQ, or fresh Italian dishes. Dine in beautiful, historic homes filled with character or hear the local lore in rustic pubs. However, nothing is more relaxing than a dinner train ride through the countryside. All these tempting restaurants are near the centrally-located Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. Our private, wooded retreat is located just steps from downtown Bardstown. We offer 10 luxurious guest rooms within the two Pre-Civil War Plantation Homes. In addition to award-winning bourbon-themed breakfasts, guests enjoy our on-site Bourbon Bar and Day Spa. Find everything needed for a wonderful getaway at the Bourbon Manor. Reserve your Bardstown vacation with us today.
10 Great Bardstown Restaurants
Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner or a relaxed pub, dining choices are abundant in Bardstown. Here are 10 great restaurants to try:
- The Rickhouse – Tucked in the historic Spalding Hall, discover this cozy hideaway for a romantic dinner. Sip a perfectly crafted bourbon cocktails in unique “moon” booths made from reclaimed bourbon barrels. Also savor their juicy steaks or delicious seafood on the airy patio during the warm nights.
- Bottle & Bond – This modern cafe serves up exceptional comfort food all made with the finest, farm fresh ingredients. Small plates and lighter fare are also available with beer, wine and classic cocktails. They also offer original cocktail creations including “boozy” milkshakes.
- Kurtz Restaurant – Since 1937 three generations have served traditional Southern cuisine in this beautiful historic home. Come with an appetite and sample community favorites such as: Kentucky country ham, homemade cobblers, pies, and biscuit pudding.
- Kreso’s Restaurant – This family-owned restaurant serves European food cooked to perfection. Enjoy Cordon Bleu, Wiener Schnitzel and goulash with a fine cocktail.
- My Old Kentucky Dinner Train – For a very special dinner experience board a luxury dinner train. Watch the scenery roll by during your four course meal. Add even more entertainment to the two and half hour tour with a the Murder Mystery Dinner or a Bourbon Tasting Excursion.
- Old Talbott Tavern – This tavern has been a stagecoach stop for travelers since the late 1700’s. As a result the stonework building has a lot of history and charm. Satisfying fried chicken, country ham, and chess pie are the house specialties. While the Bourbon Bar has great pub fare and entertainment on the weekends.
- Cafe Primo – When you’re craving thin crust pizza or fresh pasta dishes try this quaint cafe. They serve excellent Italian dishes in a intimate dining room and a shaded patio for warm summer days.
- Mammy’s Kitchen – A fun place to get yummy food in a colorful restaurant with plenty of personality. The bourbon burger is a popular dish along with southern favorites like fried green tomatoes, collard greens, and baby brown. There’re plenty of choices on their extensive menu but be sure to save room for the excellent chocolate pie.
- Bullitt’s Winery & Bistro – This wine bar not only offers flights of their wonderful wines but also a full menu. While it’s a great place to taste local wines, this cozy bistro also offers pizza and other Italian dishes.
- Alexander Bullitt’s Brewery & BBQ – Visit this casual cafe for the best BBQ brisket. Every tasty BBQ dish is served with sweet potato fries and choices of handmade sauces. Also be sure to try the local craft beer.
Bardstown visitors will never run out of great dining options. The list continues with sushi, mexican, and steakhouses. Top off a great evening at our on-site Bourbon Bar before heading to your tranquil suite at the Bourbon Manor. Book your stay at our historic bed and breakfast for a gourmet getaway.