We’ve been enjoying the exquisite fall weather in Bardstown, Kentucky. We’re well into the peak of Kentucky’s fall foliage season, and everywhere we turn we’re greeted by vibrant displays of red, orange, and yellow. Though temperatures have fallen ever so slightly, bringing a crisp fall chill to the air, the sun is still shining on Bardstown. As we slowly turn our attention to the upcoming holiday season, now is the perfect time to enjoy a last-minute fall getaway to America’s most beautiful small town. While here, enjoy an enchanting ride and a delicious meal aboard Bardstown’s My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, followed by a warming bourbon cocktail at our Bourbon Cocktail Bar & Lounge. All you need to do is make a reservation at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today!
The Charming Bardstown Dinner Train
Arguably, one of the best things about Bardstown, besides it’s authentic small-town charm, are the one of a kind experiences you can find here. One such experience is My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, which has been hailed as one of the most distinctive restaurants in the region. The menu offered aboard this unique service is extensive and delicious, and they host a variety of fun events throughout the year as well. Upcoming events worth planning for include:
- Off Off Broadway Murder, a production by Bluegrass Mystery Theatre, taking place on November 18th and 25th.
- Death Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies on December 23rd
- The North Pole Express, every Saturday from November 26th through December 23rd
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Train on December 31st
- Bourbon Lovers should look into their popular Bourbon Excursions, which includes a tasting of bourbon hosted by a master distiller and a souvenir rocks glass.
The train itself is an exquisitely restored collection of antique railcars, each with their own history. The dinner portion takes place in 3 rail cars, originally built in the 1940’s. The dinner train, running since 1988, is an unforgettable dining experience, reminiscent of times past when train travel was an everyday part of life. Once you’ve made your reservation at our incredible bourbon-themed Bed and Breakfast, don’t forget to buy your tickets to My Old Kentucky Dinner Train.